Tuesday, May 4, 2010

HE IS WAITING FOR YOU by Robert Soto

May 3, 2010

HE IS WAITING FOR YOU by Robert Soto

Deuteronomy 3:22 "Do not be afraid of them; the LORD your God himself will fight for you."

How many times have you felt in your life that God was far away from you; or if He was anywhere close to you, He did not really care or desire to help? I'm sure this has been the feeling of many in this present age that presents the image of a God that is obsolete or uncaring. The funny thing is that this is when we need God the most. This is the time we need to draw near to God and not slide away from Him. These are the times that we should be going before His presence and seeking His guidance. But we allow our humanity to get in the way of our faith. Our humanity demands that we see physical proof of the presence of God. Our faith though, tells us to keep on going and keep on taking that step of faith even though we know not where it will take us.

I remember one day in my life, I had to make a choice. The choice was to trust the promises of man and keep going, or stop and see God work in a way I could not see. I looked at both and I weighed the cost for both but in the end I chose the path of faith, not knowing where the path would take me but knowing who controlled each step of my new journey of life. I was criticized by many for my choice. Many told me I was a fool and was not trusting God for what was best for me. It was a few years later that I discovered the dead-end bridge that lay before the path taken by the one who chose to follow the promises of man rather than God. It is then that faith becomes our path. It is then that our faith comes in to play. We fear not the things we do not see, but we trust in Him who we do not see, God. Moses wrote, "Do not be afraid of them; the LORD your God himself will fight for you." He is willing and waiting to do it for you if you only will trust Him.

Robert Soto, Lipan Apache and pastor of:

McAllen Grace Brethren Church
The Native American New Life Center
Chief of Chiefs Christian Church

No comments:

Post a Comment