Friday, April 30, 2010

GOD WILL NEVER FAIL YOU by Robert Soto

April 30, 2010

GOD WILL NEVER FAIL YOU by Robert Soto

Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

I have had a good day relaxing and enjoying life. Two weeks ago I was on the road where I traveled a little over 1,200 miles in one weekend. Then I came home and rested for one full day before we took off again and started the first mile of what would end up being a 4,067 mile trip. So in thirteen days, I managed to put 5,267 miles on my van. I attended two pow wows, one in north Texas and a second one in central Pennsylvania. They were two pow wows put on by two different organizations with the same goal - to reach our Indian people and bring us together as one people, even though tribally speaking, we were as different as night and day. Yet for one brief moment, we came together and we danced and had a good time.

But as I sit here reflecting on the two events, I find four things that were the same. One, we all danced to some good Indian singing around the drum. The second thing was that we all came together as one people, regardless of tribe. The third thing was that we all came together under one God and Creator. But the fourth thing that I noticed was that in both events, there were hurting people. There were people who had lost loved ones, had gotten an incurable disease; there were people who were plagued with things like alcoholism and drugs, and people who had lost a spouse through divorce and I'm sure the list could go on and on. These were people that one day seemed to have it all together and the next their world as they knew it was falling apart. But in both places there were the same answers to their problems. The only answer for each circumstance is God. They could not turn to anyone else but God. David wrote, "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." God will always be with you, through the best times and the worst. Just trust Him and He will see you through.

Robert Soto, Lipan Apache and pastor of:

McAllen Grace Brethren Church
The Native American New Life Center
Chief of Chiefs Christian Church

No comments:

Post a Comment