Monday, April 19, 2010

STRENGTH GIVEN TO US by Robert Soto

April 19, 2010

STRENGTH GIVEN TO US by Robert Soto

1 Chronicles 29:12 "Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all."

There is nothing better for an Indian dancer than a good dance to enjoy ourselves and just come to have fun dancing. This weekend has been one of those weekends. This is the first pow wow I've attended since my heart problem about six weeks ago, in which I could have gotten a heart attack or stroke. Since then I have been preparing myself by exercising four times a week in the morning and walking a little over two miles in the afternoon. I was hoping that all the exercising I had been doing would help me endure a little more dancing since my feet and knees have been hurting a little more than normal. Well, this weekend was the 'proof in the pudding' and I discovered that all the work I have been doing to get into better shape has paid off. I had more energy and a little more strength than normal, thus enjoyed the dancing a little better.

So as I sit here reflecting on the day and all that was accomplished, I could not help but think that God the Creator will always help those who desire to better themselves physically and spiritually. That God the Creator will always honor those who honor Him, and give strength to those who seek Him and desire Him. As I danced a good dance today and danced with power and less pain than I have had in a long time, I thought of what was written in 1 Chronicles: "Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all." So whatever power or strength I had today did not come because of me, but because of God the Creator who thought it best that He give me just a little more strength and power to enjoy the dance just a little better this weekend.

Robert Soto, Lipan Apache and pastor of:

McAllen Grace Brethren Church
The Native American New Life Center
Chief of Chiefs Christian Church

No comments:

Post a Comment