Thursday, April 8, 2010

KEEP ON LIVING FOR HIM by Robert Soto

April 8, 2010

KEEP ON LIVING FOR HIM by Robert Soto

Joshua 13:1 "When Joshua was old and well advanced in years, the LORD said to him, "You are very old, and there are still very large areas of land to be taken over. "

What a day. I worked all day long on the buffalo corral that has taken me longer to complete than I had wanted. Mostly since it is a faith thing and I am trusting God to take care of every penny and piece to put it together. It is slowly becoming a reality and before you know it, our buffalo will have a new home. Today was extra hard because we had to work with cement. By the end of the day I had lifted and carried about 60 bags of cement weighing about eighty pounds each. It was a painful process having to carry each bag about twenty feet and lifting them from a trailer which had a three foot side, which meant I had to reach over the rails and carefully remove each eighty-pound bag. There were two older men from our tribe helping today. That is why I chose to lift each bag because they were struggling carrying the bags themselves.

As I worked and talked to these two older men, I could not help but think of their lives. They have had it so rough. They still have to work because they will never have enough money in their retirement funds. I heard about their lives when they were younger. I heard about the good times and the bad times. I heard of friends and family who are no longer with them. They talked about their dreams and hopes for the future which will probably never come true. It just made me want to listen more and pray for them that God the Creator would give them the strength at their age to keep on living and working. Yet I had to conclude that as long as you have strength to use, use it and trust God to keep you going. God the creator told Joshua, "You are very old, and there are still very large areas of land to be taken over." Even though Joshua was old, his life was not over and God the Creator still had a plan for him. As I heard my elders talk today, they were an inspiration to me and a comfort as sometime soon, I will be in their shoes.

Robert Soto, Lipan Apache and pastor of:

McAllen Grace Brethren Church
The Native American New Life Center
Chief of Chiefs Christian Church

No comments:

Post a Comment