Wednesday, April 14, 2010

THE POWER OF YOUR FEET by Robert Soto

April 14, 2010

THE POWER OF YOUR FEET by Robert Soto

2 Samuel 22:33-34 "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights."

Every two years or so a sacred ritual happens. It used to be almost every year but later I discovered how to skip a year and go every two years. Well, this time I just managed to keep them for five and a half years. What am I talking about you may ask? I'm talking about the soles of my moccasins. I used to change them every year but now I double the soles and it takes me about two or two and a half years to wear right through them. This time I got kind of lazy though. Not just because I was lazy, but because I did not have the time to sit down and re-sew the new soles on them. It takes four to five days to repair them. So as I took the old soles off, I noticed that the old soles had taken the shape of my feet. I could see where each toe went in. They were a perfect match to each foot.

But in the last four and a half years, these soles have danced in Australia, Brazil, Peru, Mexico, Switzerland, Germany, France and Canada. That is not counting about twenty or twenty-five states where I danced at pow wows, church services, schools and other events. As I changed the first soles, I could not help but wonder what would happen if they could talk. What would they say about the thousands of lives that heard how God the Creator changed our lives and how their lives could also be changed if they put their trust and faith in God the Creator's hands. What would they say about all the lives that were changed and who are now walking in the path that God the Creator set before them? I am losing some old friends who have served me well. But now I am putting on new ones and with each stitch I wonder what adventures God the Creator has for us. Then I thought about how many times I did not feel like dancing. My feet were hurting too much, my back felt horrible and my knees were telling me to sit down and relax. Then it hit me that whatever new adventures I and the new soles on my moccasins would have together, they will be done through the power of God the Creator. Samuel said, "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights."

Robert Soto, Lipan Apache and pastor of:

McAllen Grace Brethren Church
The Native American New Life Center
Chief of Chiefs Christian Church

No comments:

Post a Comment