Thursday, March 4, 2010

BLOOD, THE SOURCE OF LIFE by Robert Soto

BLOOD, THE SOURCE OF LIFE by Robert Soto

March 4, 2010

Leviticus 17:11 "For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life. "

Well, I finally made it home, home sweet home. It has been an interesting three days. I have never seen so many people interested in your health and life. I have never seen so many people interested in your blood too. It seemed that each time I turned around I had someone waiting with a smile and a big needle telling me, "I need more of your blood." There was even one nurse who came in about 4:00 AM, took a tube of my blood and wiggled it a little and said, "You have beautiful blood. So nice and rich, dark healthy looking. I love it when it is dark like this. Dark red blood is my favorite blood." I couldn't help but stare at her with a strange look and say, "Well, I'm glad my blood pleases you."

As she left my room I thought of the Bible verse where Moses wrote, "For the life of a creature is in the blood..." Blood is the lifeline of every creature God the Creator created on this earth. Without the blood there is no life. Man has attempted to recreate blood but there is something special that God placed in blood that cannot be reproduced. It is God the Creator's source for life. At the same time God the Creator said of the blood of certain creatures, that it is the blood that makes atonement (a complete payment) for one's life. Without the blood there is no life and without the shedding of blood there is no spiritual life. That is why Jesus became our atoning sacrifice so that the world could have eternal life.

Robert Soto, Lipan Apache and pastor of:

McAllen Grace Brethren Church
The Native American New Life Center
Chief of Chiefs Christian Church

No comments:

Post a Comment