Monday, March 29, 2010

HE DIRECTS YOU IN HIS WAYS by Robert Soto

March 29, 2010

HE DIRECTS YOU IN HIS WAYS by Robert Soto

Isaiah 48:17 "This is what the LORD says-- your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go."

Tomorrow it will be two years and three months since I sent out the first Words From the Creator. It has been an interesting journey. I try to keep each day different though I'm sure from time to time I hit on a similar subject and even might use a verse that I used before. I get a lot of mail and wish I could answer each one personally, though I try. But one question I get asked a lot is, "How much time does it take you to write one thought each day and how do you get your ideas?" Well, I really don't know how long it takes to write one down. Most of the time I have an idea in my head and it might take me ten or fifteen minutes but a lot of times I have to really sit down and pray about what to write so it will take longer. A lot of times I see something during the day so I carry the thought throughout the day and cannot wait until I get home to write it down. Geronimo has been a big help because he had a lot to say about the wrong the Whites and Mexicans had done to him.

But sometimes I really have nothing to write about. My day was such a difficult one that nothing seems to come to mind. It is on those days that I sit by my computer and look up to the heavens and pray asking God the Creator, "Here I go, guide my hands and my mind and direct them to write whatever you desire of me." When I stop praying I look at my computer and take a deep breath and type whatever my fingers type - and from that, I start an idea or thought. One sentences leads to another which leads to another which leads to another and before you know it, I have the two paragraphs I need and a bible verse that came to mind as I typed. I know that might sound a little weird, but I call it letting the Spirit of God which works in me take over and be my guide. This is when I look to the Creator above and seek the promise given to Isaiah when God the Creator said, "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go."

Robert Soto, Lipan Apache and pastor of:

McAllen Grace Brethren Church
The Native American New Life Center
Chief of Chiefs Christian Church

No comments:

Post a Comment